American Business & Technology University named a 2018-19 Military Friendly® Top 10 Gold School
St. Joseph’s own voted Military Friendly for nine consecutive years
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (Sept. 21, 2018) – American Business & Technology University (ABTU) has earned the prestigious recognition of being a Military Friendly® Top 10 Gold School within the non-traditional category for this academic year. Headquartered in St. Joseph, Mo. in the historic Wyethwood estate, they are one of the only higher education institutions in Missouri and Kansas, and the only one in northwest Missouri, to earn this level of recognition for serving veterans, active duty, guard members, their spouses and dependents ranking 7th in the nation.
ABTU is an online instructor-led, interactive academic institution that has earned nearly a decade of accolades for its commitment to service men and women and their families. They have been voted Military Friendly every year since 2010 by VIQTORY, the official publisher of the annual list along with other civilian-produced resources such as G.I. Jobs, Military Spouse, STEM Jobs, and the National Veteran Owned Business Association.
“We are honored to receive this Top 10 Gold Military Friendly recognition,” said Ramsey Atieh, president of American Business & Technology University. “Since ABTU was founded in 2001, we have been committed to serving veterans and active military families. We started with our local 139th Airlift Wing and have expanded to all branches with students earning certificates and associate, bachelor and masters degrees around the globe. Our dedication to service members as our leading student body group has helped us create affordable, flexible and innovative programs for all our students.”
In 2017, VIQTORY introduced enhanced ratings, incorporating new public data sources, proprietary survey responses, and personal feedback from veterans to expand new award levels giving a more detailed summary of how schools rate. ABTU “exceeds standards” in all six areas:
- Academic Policies and Compliance – ABTU 174%
- Admissions and Orientation – ABTU 170%
- Culture and Commitment – ABTU 190%
- Financial Aid and Assistance – ABTU 183%
- Graduation and Career – ABTU 122%
- Military Student Support and Retention – ABTU 166%
Atieh also says part of the school’s success is, “An innovative combination of live lectures and one-on-one support that allows ABTU students to engage directly with our faculty, staff and each other from nearly anywhere in the world on nearly any mobile device at roughly half the national average cost of similar colleges and universities. We plan to continue creating the best environment needed for students to reach their education goals.”
Many students whether military related or not are able to graduate with little or no debt. Financial advisors are trained to help all students through a variety of financial aid programs including complicated Forever GI Bill®, Active Duty Tuition Assistance, and other programs. Not only have their tuition prices been affordable, but ABTU has donated over $1 million in tuition to veterans in need to help them transition into the workforce. The Distance Education Accrediting Commission listed by the U.S. Department of Education accredits ABTU.
The Military Friendly survey is administered for free and is open to all post-secondary schools that wish to participate. The questions, methodology, criteria and weighting were developed with the assistance of an independent research firm and advisory council of educators and employers. In addition, Ernst & Young, a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, independently evaluated the scoring methodology used for the Military Friendly® Schools list.
Learn more about VIQTORY at www.viqtory.com and http://militaryfriendly.com/schools/american-business-technology-university-2/
Knowledge Review Magazine feature ABTU as one of the “10 Most Valuable Online Colleges of 2017”
ABTU is honored to share the news of being one of the colleges recognized in the most recent issue of Knowledge Review magazine. Knowledge Review is an international magazine centered on education by showcasing the best universities around the world. The magazine is geared to target individuals seeking colleges as well as educators themselves continuously striving to impact the lives of others during their educational journeys.
“American Business & Technology University (ABTU) provides one of the most interactive distance education models in the industry while being among the most affordable ones. ABTU emphasizes on delivering an online learning experience which is at par with that of a traditional classroom and no less.” -Knowledge Review
In the recent article, a selected group of colleges were chosen to be listed as the 10 Most Valuable Online Colleges of 2017. A few other colleges recognized along with ABTU include Eastern New Mexico University, Southern New Hampshire, and Western Illinois. The selection process is based on the outstanding qualities of online colleges that have understood the importance of advanced technology that has made a strong impact throughout the world. Because of the ongoing need to enhance skills surrounding technology, the selected colleges based on this recognition along with many others have created an online platform to expand ways of receiving quality education and for institutes to reach prospective students outside their perimeters.
“As new technology is fueling online education adoption and enabling it to be very effective, millions of students has swelled in at least one online course. This evolution from distance learning to online education is trending in the main stream population of college and university students.” -Knowledge Review
The preference of an online platform over a brick and mortar institution has increased significantly over the years. Many seek the relief of an online platform to better balance their education along with everyday life such as keeping up with work and family. Students that reach out, looking to begin or finish their educational journey here at ABTU, all have similar expectations when searching for the right college. Knowing the main qualities and needs of prospective students has allowed ABTU to implement the most important assets such as:
To learn more information on Knowledge Review and to read the full article on our recognition, please visit: Knowledge Review
Online University Chosen From Among Thousands as “Best Value School” Award Recipient
St. Joseph, Missouri – American Business & Technology University has been selected out of nearly 8,000 post-secondary schools as the recipient of a “Best Value School” award. The crystal award is issued by University Research & Review, a company dedicated to improving the process of how a student selects a post-secondary school.
“We are beyond pleased and honored to accept this prestigious recognition. This just reinforces our core belief and mission as a University to provide affordable tuition while not sacrificing quality of education or student satisfaction,” said University Vice President Lute Atieh.
Mr. Atieh received the award at their 15 Year Anniversary celebration in 2016 on behalf of the University from URR Founder Joseph Schmoke who stated, “It is our distinguished pleasure to present the award to American Business & Technology University. We hope current students and alumni take pride in this honor and anyone searching for a quality, reasonably priced college education strongly considers ABTU.”
The committee that reviewed more than 100 nominees out of the thousands of eligible schools is made up of former university presidents, CEOs, provosts and professors. Schools cannot pay to receive the award; it has to be earned through the nomination and committee evaluation process.
American Business & Technology University was chosen by the committee because it passed rigorous standards including a combination of cost, accreditation, variety and quality of school programs, and student satisfaction with the institution.
“It isn’t easy to satisfy all of the strict requirements that University Research & Review looks for when choosing schools to recognize. Thankfully, we’ve had a lot of years to practice delivering a quality, affordable, and 100% online education to our students in ways that impacts lives for the better.
Mr. Schmoke adds, “Our committee prides itself on combining our extensive experience, knowledge of postsecondary education and insight into what provides students with good value when selecting a Best Value award recipient,” says Schmoke.
ABTU selected as a “Top School” in Military Advanced Education’s Guide to Colleges & Universities
Military Advanced Education (MAE) has awarded American Business & Technology University the designation of a Top School in its MAE Guide to Colleges & Universities, measuring best practices in military and veteran education. The Guide was released in the December issue of MAE, and is available online at www.mae-kmi.com.
The Guide presents results of a questionnaire of the military-supportive policies enacted at more than 600 institutions including private, public, for-profit, not-for-profit, four-year, and two-year colleges. From community colleges to state universities, online universities and nationally known centers of higher learning, MAE’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities arms students with information about institutions that go out of their way to give back to our men and women in uniform.
Now in its eighth year of publishing the Guide, MAE was the first publication to launch a reference tool of this type. This year, institutes were evaluated on their military culture, financial aid, flexibility, on-campus support and online support services. Each school’s performance rating by category is represented by an easy-to-recognize dashboard. This will enable prospective students to quickly target schools that follow best practices in military education, and then put these in context with other academic or career considerations.
“We believe the Guide serves as an invaluable tool for both education services officers and transition officers when advising servicemembers about their educational opportunities,” said Kelly Fodel, MAE’s editor. “We used strict criteria to individually evaluate the submissions of respondents, and we had a record number of schools participating this year.”
“Not only is the Guide printed in our December issue of Military Advanced Education, but also published in a searchable database online,” Fodel said. “We designed this database with the military student in mind. We want to help them make informed choices, so we are giving them access to all the survey questions and answers provided by the schools, as well as explanations about critical issues like activation and deployment policies, withdrawal policies, scholarship and financial aid information and important support information.”
Visit www.mae-kmi.com for online access to MAE’s Guide to Colleges and Universities, or pick up a copy of the December issue of Military Advanced Education.
About Military Advanced Education and KMI Media Group, Inc.
Military Advanced Education (www.mae-kmi.com) serves education services officers (ESOs) and transition officers (TOs) at every U.S. military installation, along with the servicemembers they counsel. Published 10 times yearly, MAE’s editorial coverage includes exclusive interviews with military executive leadership, educators, and members of Congress; best practices; career and transition spotlights, servicemember, school, and program profiles, and periodic special reports. KMI Media Group, Inc. (www.kmimediagroup.com) is the leading independent publisher of targeted information about military requirements, technologies and operations. Serving as a unique forum for senior military and Department of Defense leadership, KMI focuses on distinct and essential communities within the defense market.
Lute Atieh, American Business & Technology University | Lute@abtu.edu
More ABTU News
- American Business & Technology University participates in the Department of States International Education http://photos.state.gov/libraries/bulgaria/231771/PDFs/Eastern%20Europe%20VEF%20US%20Participants-1.pdf
- Chief Operations Officer of American Business & Technology University answers questions on a panel for the Missouri Department of Higher Education on the project Blueprint Missouri. http://dhe.mo.gov/documents/Hearingagenda-KansasCity.pdf
- American Business & Technology University launches student app in the app store. http://apple.vshare.com/850523160.html
- American Business & Technology University Opens 3D print lab to the public. Pay per print service. https://www.3dhubs.com/kansas-city/hubs/abtu
- February 2015: American Business & Technology University hosts tuition assistance training for the Missouri National Guard. http://www.stjoechannel.com/news/abtu-offers-military-tuition-assistance-training
- February 2015: American Business & Technology University donates a computer lab to MERIL. http://saintjoseph.com/abtu-donates-new-computer-lab-for-meril-patrons/
- ABTU and MERIL form partnership to deliver education to MERIL participants. http://www.greenacressells.com/news/article_a4e05af5-6337-51c0-9a62-d71fc50bc7fb.html
- April 2014: American Business & Technology University receives its University Status. Changing its name from American College of Technology.. http://saintjoseph.com/american-college-of-technology-is-now-american-business-technology-university/
- May 2015: ABTU renews membership in the Student Veterans of American Organization. https://studentveterans.org/index.php/component/mtree/1746-american-business-technology-university
- May, 2014: ABTU signs articulation agreement with regionally accredited university, Southwestern College. http://ps.sckans.edu/blog/southwestern-college-signs-articulation-agreement-american-business-technology-university
- ABTU opens 3D print lab to the public. http://printrbot.com/project/american-business-technology-university-st-joseph-mo/
- St. Joseph News-Press Google This Summer Class: Video – http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/local-university-offers-help-to-armed-services/10101/Xk17Qk38lkq1e4IRwCNeUQ Article – http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/abtu-offers-military-tuition-assistance-training/86102/T2jQM4JRFEiBp1FHJ–_UQ
- KQ2 – Local university offers help to armed services. http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/local-university-offers-help-to-armed-services/10101/Xk17Qk38lkq1e4IRwCNeUQ?utm_content=6407218&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook
- News-Press Teen Runs Business. http://www.newspressnow.com/multimedia/videos/video_b9014503-ec99-5a26-8978-01b5c0def213.html
- COO of ABTU is selected to serve on a committee for the Missouri Department of Higher EducationOctober 28, 2014, St. Joseph, Mo. – The Missouri Department of Higher Education has chosen Mr. Lute Atieh, the Chief Operating Officer for American Business & Technology University, to serve on the state’s School Advisory Committee for a term of three years.Located in Jefferson City, MO, this committee meets at the state capitol building in order to make recommendations that establish standards for Missouri colleges. The committee reviews college complaints and resolutions, status reports from colleges throughout Missouri, as well as re-certifications from all colleges to make changes and improve these standards.“Appointment to this board is a very important one that many in the education business would like to serve,” ABTU’s Vice President of Strategic Initiative Eddie Colon said. “We are very lucky and proud that our COO has been selected.”
- December 2014: ABTU opens 3D printing lab. http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/3d-printing-lab-to-open-to-the-public/10985/_Wd5wgMqhkKnWKkB69KwnQ
- December 2014: 3D Printing News Coverage from St. Joseph Post. http://www.stjosephpost.com/2014/12/16/3d-printing-comes-to-st-joe/ and http://www.newspressnow.com/multimedia/videos/news/video_a19cdd3f-0b24-5127-9f29-eab43c9e22e9.html
- ACOT New Location. http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/american-college-of-technology-gets-new-location/71212/hWiy4sC2wkivXH7KLsreng
- ACOT New Name. http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/american-college-of-technology-receives-university/30000/gZQR58GO8kWyhNs4_Oa8Yg
- ACOT Aid in Maryville. http://www.stjoechannel.com/story/d/story/college-offering-seminar-for-former-energizer-empl/38291/5DbavubGREK675wiMN_AOw