American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and it is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1601 18th Street, N.W., Suite 2
Washington, D.C. 20009
- DEAC Student Achievement Disclosure for the Public
Helpful information when choosing a post secondary/higher education school:
View this publication provided by CHEA: “Accreditation Matters, Ask before You Decide”
View the following videos about the importance of accreditation:
American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is certified to operate by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education (MDHE). ABTU is Missouri’s first accredited online institution.
American Business & Technology University is also an approved State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) institution in Missouri. SARA establishes a state-level reciprocity process that supports the nation in its efforts to increase the educational attainment of its people by making state authorization:
- More efficient, effective, and uniform in regard to necessary and reasonable standards of practice that could span states;
- More effective in dealing with quality and integrity issues that have arisen in some online/ distance education offerings; and
- Less costly for states and institutions and, thereby, the students they serve.
American Business & Technology University is seeking certification to operate by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. All Maryland students; additional services are available for Complaint Resolution after students have exhausted all means of complaint resolution by the institution.
American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is approved by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 – WIOA (replacing the former Workforce Investment Act of 1998 – WIA) as a qualified government-training provider in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Maine, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Indiana, Massachusetts, Arkansas, and California.
Affiliations & Memberships
ABTU faculty members belong to the following educational associations and organizations:
- American Association of Adult and Continuing Education
- Computer Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Inc. (IEEE)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
ABTU is a member of the following community organizations:
- Chamber of Commerce, St. Joseph, MO
- Better Business Bureau
- VA Eligible, Military-Friendly School
- Vocational Rehabilitation Approved