American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and it is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1601 18th Street, N.W., Suite 2
Washington, D.C. 20009
- DEAC Student Achievement Disclosure for the Public
Helpful information when choosing a post secondary/higher education school:
View this publication provided by CHEA: “Accreditation Matters, Ask before You Decide”
View the following videos about the importance of accreditation:
American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is certified to operate by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education & Workforce Development (MDHEWD). ABTU is Missouri’s first accredited online institution.
American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is exempt in nearly every state as a distance education provider and is also approved by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 – WIOA (replacing the former Workforce Investment Act of 1998 – WIA) as a qualified provider in many states. Inquire at your local unemployment office to confirm approval in your state.
Affiliations & Memberships
ABTU faculty members belong to the following educational associations and organizations:
- American Association of Adult and Continuing Education
- Computer Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Inc. (IEEE)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
ABTU is a member of the following community organizations:
- Chamber of Commerce, St. Joseph, MO
- Better Business Bureau
- Approved to accept Veterans Affairs Benefits
- GI Bill
- Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation
- Approved to accept Department of Defense Benefits
- Active Duty Tuition Assistance