American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and it is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Helpful Information when choosing a school:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1601 18th Street, N.W., Suite 2
Washington, D.C. 20009
American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is certified to operate by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education (MDHE). ABTU is Missouri’s first accredited online institution.
American Business & Technology University is also an approved State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) institution in Missouri. http://nc-sara.org/states/mo SARA establishes a state-level reciprocity process that supports the nation in its efforts to increase the educational attainment of its people by making state authorization:
- more efficient, effective, and uniform in regard to necessary and reasonable standards of practice that could span states;
- more effective in dealing with quality and integrity issues that have arisen in some online/ distance education offerings; and
- less costly for states and institutions and, thereby, the students they serve.
American Business & Technology University is seeking Certification to operate by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. All Maryland students; additional services are available for Complaint Resolution after students have exhausted all means of complaint resolution by the institution. http://www.mhec.state.md.us/higherEd/acadAff/MHECStudentComplaintProcess.pdf
American Business and Technology University (ABTU) is approved by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) as a qualified government-training provider in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Maine, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Indiana, Massachusetts, Arkansas, and California.
Affiliations & Memberships
ABTU faculty members belong to the following educational associations and organizations:
- American Association of Adult and Continuing Education
- Computer Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Inc. (IEEE)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
ABTU is a member of the following community organizations:
- Chamber of Commerce, St. Joseph, MO
- Better Business Bureau
- VA Eligible, Military-Friendly School
- Vocational Rehabilitation Approved