ABTU strives to reduce the amount of time and money you spend on your education and training.
We understand that your time is valuable and you want to make the most of your prior coursework, military and professional training. Unlike some other schools, ABTU makes it a top priority to accept the maximum amount of transfer credits for our incoming students.
We know that transferring credit at some schools is very difficult. We streamline the process and welcome your transfer credits and will do everything we can to maximize the amount of transfer credits possible.
You may be much closer to earning your degree than you think. Provide us with some very basic information using the transfer credit evaluation link below and within a couple of days we can give you a more accurate idea of how many credits will transfer to American Business & Technology University.
Disclaimer* The acceptance for ABTU’s transfer credits is determined by the receiving institution.
ABTU only accepts official transcripts for consideration of transfer credits; however, you can send unofficial transcripts or a copy of them for a complimentary review to help you estimate your completion time.
There are several ways we can review your courses:
- You can do a print out or PDF capture of your current courses and upload them for our review.
- Take a picture of your unofficial transcript and email it to us or upload it.
- Mail us your transcripts or type up a listing of your courses and send them to us.
Requesting Military Transcripts and Records
The following are links to request transcripts for the purpose of reviewing for potential credit transfers:
- Army Transcript Link
- Navy and Marine Corps Transcript Link
- Air Force Transcript Link
- Coast Guard Transcript Link
- Certificate of Eligibility (VONAPP) Form
- DD-214 Request Form
Recognized Organizations for Advanced Placement
The following organizations are recognized organizations from which ABTU will accept transfer credits.
- AARTS Transcripts
- ACE – American Council on Education, College Transfer Credit Recommendation Service.
- AP – Advanced Placement Exams
- CCAF – Community College of the Air Force
- CLEP Testing
- CompTia Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- IB – International Baccalaureate Exams
- SMART Transcripts
Articulation agreements help students transfer to ABTU from another school while maximizing the number of credits that will transfer.
For example, if you have an Associate of Applied Science degree from an articulating school, you may transfer the whole degree into ABTU and continue towards your Bachelor’s degree without any loss of credits. This convenient process saves time and money for our students.
If you are transferring credits from a non-articulating university, we can accept up to a maximum of 75% of your credits towards your program of choice at ABTU.
American Business & Technology University has articulation agreements with the following universities:
- Abraham Lincoln University, School of Law
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Avionics
- Broadview University, Veterinary Technology
- California Intercontinental University
- California Southern University
- EC-Council, Information Security & Cyber Security Certification
- Penn Foster College
- College of Business & Technology