Network Administration and Information Security (CIP Code: 11.1001, 11.1003)Download Program Outline
Program Title: Network Administration and Information Security
Completion Award: Technical Diploma
Contact Hours: 450
Outside Study Hours: 900
Semester Credits: 30 hours (including 3 semester credits of General Studies)
Program Duration: 60 weeks
Cost per Credit Hour: $249
Total Tuition: $7,470
Course Materials and Fees: $125
Total Course Materials and Fees: $1,250**
Total Cost of Program: $8,720 (including course materials and fees)
This Network Administration and Information Security Diploma program will teach students the concepts and techniques of MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Access, and fundamentals of programming logic. Students will develop the skills needed to manage a Windows Server 2008 system, and will be able to setup a small LAN/WAN networks. The program introduces the students as well to basic information security concepts and principles. The program prepares graduates to function successfully in entry level network administration and information security positions.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- ✓ Demonstrate proficiency in the use of current Microsoft Office Suite products.
- ✓ Communicate effectively utilizing accepted business practices and applications.
- ✓ Setup a small to medium size LAN and a WAN Network.
- ✓ Describe and implement performance balancing, redundancy, network management and system migration and upgrades.
- ✓ Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and system maintenance on LAN/WAN networks.
- ✓ Apply the knowledge and skills of general computer programming to the solution of specific operational problems and requirements presented by individual and organizational users.
Upon successfully completing of this program, graduates should be able to perform tasks of an entry level Network Administrator in a small Network setup, or any related positions in the information technology and network administration fields.
ABTU's program courses are designed in sequential order. Therefore, the student must complete the given course before progressing to the next course in the sequence.
In order for students to successfully complete their program, all required materials must be completed, submitted, and within the maximum program duration. Students who fail to complete the program at this level may appeal to the Director of Education for an extension.
Students must also complete the proctored Degree Exit Examination for this program to graduate.
Students can complete a course with a grade of "D" or 1.0, however, in order to meet SAP requirements and be able to graduate, the student has to have an overall average of "C" or (2.0 out of 4.0) for all courses and be able to complete all work required within 150% of the program duration or an additional year of the published length whichever is less.
* This course has a proctored final exam. Please refer to the Proctored Examination Policy and Procedure in the College Catalog or on the website at: www.abtu.acot.edu/policies.htm
** For a detailed breakdown and description of the course materials, please refer to Course Materials under the Student Services section of the catalog.
|Required Courses||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100||Information Technology and Distance Learning||3|
|CIS-110||Integrated Business Applications||3|
|CIS-130||Relational Database Management||3|
|CIS-140||Programming Logic and Design||3|
|CIN-150||Computer Networking for LANs to WANs||3|
|CIN-160||Windows 2008 Server I||3|
|CIN-170||Windows 2008 Server Networking I||3*|
|CST-200||Principles of Information Security||3|
|General Courses||Credit Hours|
|GEC-100||Basic English and Communications
Course Materials: $125.00