Certificate of Information Technology (CIP Code: 11.0101)Download Program Outline
Program Title: Information Technology Certificate
Completion Award: Certificate of Information Technology
Contact Hours: 225
Outside Study Hours: 450
Semester Credits: 15 hours
Program Duration: 30 weeks
Cost per Credit Hour: $249
Total Tuition: $3,735
Course Materials and Fees: $125
Total Course Materials and Fees: $625**
Total Cost of the I.T. Certificate: $4,360 (including course materials and fees)
The Information Technology Certificate program is designed to provide students with the fundamental computer knowledge and skills required in the current corporate workplace. The student will demonstrate acquired skills in utilizing computer tools, database management, and business and web applications in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- ✓ Demonstrate proficiency in the use of current Microsoft Office Suite products.
- ✓ Identify and evaluate computer systems issues and implement effective remediation policies.
- ✓ Utilize Microsoft Access to create and manipulate databases.
- ✓ Utilize and define the computer system components and application system operational characteristics.
- ✓ Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and system maintenance on multiple types of computer systems
- ✓ Design basic websites and manipulate webpage components.
Upon successfully completing this program the graduate should qualify to fill entry-level positions in the corporate office structure and other positions requiring utilization of the concepts and skills of Information Technology. ABTU's program courses are designed in sequential order. Therefore, the student must complete the given course before progressing to the next course in the sequence.
|Required Courses||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100||Information Technology and Distance Learning||3|
|CIS-110||Integrated Business Applications||3|
|CIS-120||Microsoft Excel 2010||3*|
|CIS-130||Relational Database Management - Access 2010||3|
|CIT-150||Website Design and Development||3*|
In order for students to successfully complete their program, all required materials must be completed, submitted, and within the maximum program duration. Students who fail to complete the program at this level may appeal to the Director of Education for an extension.
Students must also complete the proctored Degree Exit Examination for this program to graduate.
Students can complete a course with a grade of "D" or 1.0, however, in order to meet SAP requirements and be able to graduate, the student has to have an overall average of "C" or (2.0 out of 4.0) for all courses and be able to complete all work required within 150% of the program duration or an additional year of the published length whichever is less.
* This course has a proctored final exam. Please refer to the Proctored Examination Policy and Procedure in the College Catalog or on the website at: www.abtu.acot.edu/policies.htm
** For a detailed breakdown and description of the course materials, please refer to Course Materials under the Student Services section of the catalog.