Click Here for the assessment!
Individual consultations (via phone, email or Skype) are available to help you define a career path, research career options, begin a job search, target employers in a specific industry, or pursue graduate education. Contact Debra Hayes to set up an appointment.
JOB MARKET OUTLOOK
The U.S. Bureau of Labor has released their outlook on the job market from 2016-2026. Check out the article Career Outlook.
RÉSUMÉ AND COVER LETTER CRITIQUES
Have your documents evaluated by a member of our Alumni & Career Services team. Contact Debra Hayes for assistance.
There are hundreds of ways to write a resume or cover letter and none of them is wrong, depending on the situation. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- 8 Things Only Successful Job Seekers Can Say
- Accomplishment Development
- Action Words
- Resume Review Checklist
- Resume Samples
- Resume Template
In addition to the individualized services we offer, we know that sometimes you just need the right resource at the right time to inspire, instruct, get you motivated and moving, or get you back on track.
INSPIRATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS
Webinars and Videos
Career Services Workshop, November 9, 2016 – – Click Here.
View our collection of webinars and videos on a variety of career topics including — Coming Soon.
You will love the amazing series of global speakers on Technology, Entertainment, and Design. Listen to the best ideas from the top thought-leaders in the world in 15 minutes or less.
Networking can be virtual or live, casual or formal, and is always essential during a job search and for effective career management. Check out these resources.
SOCIAL MEDIA / LINKEDIN RESOURCES
- 6 Apps To Use During Your Job Search
- LinkedIn New User Training: Getting the most out of your LinkedIn account
- Top LinkedIn Job Seeker Groups: Top 25 Job Seeker Groups To Help Build Your Brand and Launch Your Career
- Smart ways to use LinkedIn
- Practicing LinkedIn
- Get better LinkedIn search results with Boolean Logic: LinkedIn’s “Advanced People Search” feature is a fantastic tool for finding people in your extended network or shared groups who can help you to reach your career goals.
- Industry Information per Field of Study
- Personal Brand Profile
- Personal Branding Blog: Learn how to build a powerful personal brand that will differentiate you from other job seekers.
Interviewing can be nerve-wracking, so the better informed you are, the more confident you will be. Need insight about the average salary for a particular job or field? These helpful tips and strategies will prepare you for a successful interviewing process and salary negotiation.
- Professional Appearance Tips
- Interviewing: An excellent series of articles dealing with aspects of interviewing
- Career Potential: Accomplishment stories to get the job offer
- Interview Questions
- Ace the Interview
- How to Impress During a Job Interview
- Preparing for the Second Interview
- Interview Prep Tool
- Unethical Interview Questions
- Quick Tips for Informational Interviewing
- Questions to Ask in a Job Interview
- Company Research Tips
- Glassdoor.com: This site gives you an inside look at company salaries, reviews and interview questions for more than 84,000 companies.
- PayScale Company Information: This site offers complimentary salary and cost of living calculators that you can use to decide where you’d like to live, negotiate salaries, and better prepare for interviews.
- Salary.com: Use the calculator to access salary ranges by job title and geographic location.
- Salaryexpert.com: global salary and cost of living data.